5 Jan 2015

New Years Eve • What I Wore


Happy New Year Everyone!

I took a mini blogging break over Christmas - just to enjoy the festive period really. I don't think I need much more of an excuse, I'm the merriest little elf you'll ever meet and just adore this time of the year so I love nothing more than absorbing the atmosphere of Christmas. But I'm happy to be back again & I'm super excited to kickstart my second year of blogging.

For my first post of 2015 I wanted to share a little snippet of how I rang in the New Year. To be totally honest for the past couple of years New Years Eve has been a bit of a fail. Last year I spent the countdown sprawled out on the couch sick as a small hospital and the two years before were just a little bit... meh?! But this year was a good one...

Confession time. I'm a little bit of a granny when it comes to going out, especially on the 'big Christmas nights'. Don't get me wrong, I love to get dressed up and have a few drinks but the whole idea of roaming around waiting for taxis at the end of the night and spending half of your time out rammed into a tiny bar that is literally hotter than the Sahara, with people spilling drinks over your new outfit (that you obviously had to wear out because you got it for Christmas) doesn't really appeal to me. Haha. Yep old Granny Denny here would much rather go out for a nice meal and have a few drinks at a table where you can actually hear what someone's saying to you! Haha.

... I didn't realise how ridiculously boring that would sound. Tell me there are at least a few other grannies out there! HOLLA! Please? Haha.


This year my family (all other halves included) took a little spin down the country to spend NYE in the capitaaal - Dublin. We stayed in one of our favourite hotels and went for a meal in our favourite restaurant (Marcels - HERE's a post on that little food haven) and rang in the New Year in the hotel bar! Honestly that's my idea of a great night - good food, family, live music, a few drinks and most of all, getting dolled up.

As we were going for a meal, I didn't want to wear anything too short - just because I'm too tall for that shiz and I really can't deal with the awkwardness of pulling down the bottom of my dress before I flash half the restaurant every time I get out of my seat. Haha. So for a safe option I went with a black knee length swing dress from River Island (that I got 4 years ago - 10 points to me for recycling). I'm in love with the heavy beading along the hem of the dress and lets face it, nothing beats a loose fitting dress when you're tackling a 5 course meal. I paired it with a simple black strappy sandal, also from River Island, and my Michael Kors oversized watch.

So there it is, my last outfit of 2014 and my first of 2015. I'm so excited for the year ahead and have a very ambitious list of things I'd like to accomplish within the next 12 months. I don't know about you but something that makes me very excited is the thought of all the good things that could happen!

Wishing you all a very happy, healthy and productive 2015. Let's all kick some ass!

XO, G.



Follow Me Fellas & Felines!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Grace D | All rights reserved.
Custom Blog Design by pipdig