29 Oct 2014

Fall Haul


Hey Lovebugs!

My blogging mojo has kinda sorta disappeared this month, I've straight up been terrible at finding time to sit down to put a post together. Things have been super busy - work, life, friends.. I'm sure you all know the feeling. Haha. But the main thing is I've been enjoying myself (searching for a positive here. haha)!

Anyhoos, I've purchased a few bits and bobs (some necessary, most not so necessary) over the course of October that I've completely fallen in love with - so I thought I'd share!




Essie | 'Bahama Mama', 'Chinchilly', 'Sand Tropez' & 'Fiji'
This was a completely unnecessary purchase. Usually when my nails are painted it's not me that does the work - the girls at Shavata are my little nail army. So why I needed four nail polishes I'll never know. At the time I was thinking 'yes, score!' at the fact that I'd found a decent selection of Essie polishes, so I'll blame the excitement.

Impulse buy aside, I actually do love the quality of Essie nail polishes and they always produce the most gorgeous shades - so I'll be making a goal of actually using these babies throughout Fall / Winter. When it comes to choosing nail colours I tend to stick to neutrals and the odd berry tone (I do like to mix it up a bit in the Summer though), so these shades are right up my street. If you're into keeping your nails looking sleek, these would be a fab addition to your beauty arsenal.



MAC | 'Blankety' Lipstick
Thisssssss!!! You guys, you have no idea how much I love this lipstick. It's literally been my go-to for the past two months but alas, my first little bullet has... bit the bullet? (TeeHee!) So I had to pick up another last week. Pair this with 'Stone' Lipliner from MAC and you've got my dream lip combo. I know nude lipsticks can be a bit daunting sometimes - if you pick the wrong one it can look like you've slapped concealer all over your lips - but this is the perfect pinky toned nude. Cannot recommend it enough - you NEED it, I swear!


Inglot | Loose Powder
You all know I'm a huge advocate of Inglot's products. I heart their foundation and the pigment in their eye shadow is unbelievable (yes, on par with MAC - but half the price!). So when I ran out of loose setting powder I decided to pick up some of theirs. I bagged one of the pinky toned shades (11) but it's more or less translucent when applied. It gives a gorgeous finish and I LOVE how big the tub of this stuff is! Cant see me running out too soon!



#GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso
... my new Bible. I'm a little late to the party but honestly, this is one of the most empowering and motivational books that I've ever read. Penned by the Founder and CEO of Nasty Gal (the online retailer - I'm sure you know it and if you don't, you need to!), this book tells the story of Sophia's rise to #GIRLBOSS status. #GIRLBOSS is full of real advice for gals with big dreams... and I mean real advice. Sophia in no way shape or form walks around on eggshells trying to be 'nicey-nicey' about what it takes to get places - this book is littered with wakeup calls like 'You are not a special snowflake'. Haha. Don't get me wrong, she's not nasty (teehee, rollin' out the puns today) about it - she's just real - and I appreciate that. It feels like you're getting advice from a friend (who's a total badass!). I finished this book in next to no time and as soon as I closed the last page I felt more motivated than ever to get up off my ass and do something productive.
If you don't get anything else from this haul, you need to at least read a review on this or something!
Amazing . Amazing . Amazing 


And that's all from my Fall Haul!
See anything ya like?

Let me know in the comments below!

XO, G.



Follow Me Fellas & Felines!



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Grace D | All rights reserved.
Custom Blog Design by pipdig