14 May 2014

The Classics | MAC Haul


Ehhemmm... so this happened...
I took a little jaunt to Dublin at the weekend to work on something that's coming up on the blog this weekend or early next week, I havn't decided yet, but until then it will remain a mystery. (I'm open to bribes though - I kid). Somehow I ended up at the MAC counter in Brown Thomas and these things ended up coming home with me!

As the title of this post suggests, these lovely thangs are all cult products / brushes from MAC (for the most part). I'm sure you'll have come across at least one of them before on a blog or a YouTube channel. Let's take a look, shall we?



First up... brushes.
I was really in need of some new makeup brushes - in particular, a contour brush (my last one disappeared, boohoo) and a new blending brush for shadows (one can never have too many). So I picked up the 224 (tapered blending brush) and the 168 (large angled contour). I've only been using these now for like 3 days, which is nothing, so I can't really give you a fully formed opinion ATM but I love them so far. The blending brush is so fluffy and feels so fancaayy (like Iggy Azalea fancay). I'll keep your lovely faces updated on how I get on with them.



And now for my new babies. 
I've been wanting to get my hands on both of these for a LIFETIME, thanks to Tanya Burr and Louise from SprinkleOfGlitter. 

1st up is the Mineralize Skinfinish in 'Soft and Gentle', which is just that. If you've been reading my posts recently you'll know I've become a bit obsessed with highlight - well, hello the answer to all of my highlight dreams. This is a beautiful pearlescent pressed powder with a very subtle shimmer - it's too gorgeous for words, so just look at the swatches below. haha. 

Next we've got the Veluxe Pearl Eyeshadow in 'Woodwinked' - if you havn't heard of this you may have been hiding under a rock for quite some time, but I don't judge, it's okay. Woodwinked is a kind of warm antique gold, if that makes any sense. The pigment is fab and it blends beautifully - you can get a couple of different finishes depending on what way you apply it. But it's just so luxurious!

Here's some swatches...


Obviously I went a little heavy on Soft and Gentle just so it would show up clearly for your eyeballs, but you get the idea! :)

Have you picked up any of these products before?
Would you like to see them used in a makeup look?

XO, G.

Follow me Fellas & Felines!


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Grace D | All rights reserved.
Custom Blog Design by pipdig